The 2nd American Revolution Begins

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trigger Job Hi-Point 995

3 posters

Go down

Trigger Job Hi-Point 995 Empty Trigger Job Hi-Point 995

Post by hpfr33k Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:24 pm

so from what i gather, duff, you are a gunsmith right? how would you go about making the trigger lighter on my first gen 995? is there a kit for this? or what do you do?

Ryan
hpfr33k
hpfr33k

Back to top Go down

Trigger Job Hi-Point 995 Empty Re: Trigger Job Hi-Point 995

Post by Duff Horton Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:45 pm

Brother the triggers on Hipoints are not very easy to mess with. You have to do a lot of stoning, Smooth everything up, You can make a good trigger out of them but the HI Point is not known for having the best trigger , They are made to work and made cheaper than most weapons. I had a 995, It had a 9 pound trigger, Not much helping it. But you can stone it and bring it down to around 5 or 6 pounds. Its not a colt brother.
Duff Horton
Duff Horton
Admin

https://2ndarb.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by hpfr33k Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:02 am

ha i wish it were a colt. i know its like polishing a turd, but this turd aint ever ever quit on me. never a hang up nothing. its just that occasional false trigger that i flinch on. is it something i can do legaly? or do i need a true and true smith to do it?
hpfr33k
hpfr33k

Back to top Go down

Post by Duff Horton Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:06 am

Well its best to have a smith to work on your stuff, I say that because you don't want to over do anything by mistake. And also HI POINTS never fail, They are like AK's. They may be ugly but they never fail.. They had an ad once that said " Hi-point firearms are like the ugly girl at the dance, You only take her cause you know she puts out without fail ".. I tell people to buy them, They don't cost a ton and will always work. I have owned a bunch over the years, Just sold a 995 a week ago.
Duff Horton
Duff Horton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:36 pm

I've got a question for you Duff. I have a Winchester model 1912 .20 GA that has an expanded circle on the barrel approx. 2 inches down from the end of the barrel. (The grandmother came over one morning and some how put the barrel in the dirt). The intoxicated idiot that picked it up and fired it with out checking it first could have been killed by the dirt plug that was stuck in the end of the barrel but was fortunate that it only messed up the end.
My question is : What should I do to fix this? I could hack it off but it would then be illegal because don't the barrel have to be so many inches long on a shot gun?

Back to top Go down

Post by Duff Horton Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:59 pm

C0NNIE wrote:I've got a question for you Duff. I have a Winchester model 1912 .20 GA that has an expanded circle on the barrel approx. 2 inches down from the end of the barrel. (The grandmother came over one morning and some how put the barrel in the dirt). The intoxicated idiot that picked it up and fired it with out checking it first could have been killed by the dirt plug that was stuck in the end of the barrel but was fortunate that it only messed up the end.
My question is : What should I do to fix this? I could hack it off but it would then be illegal because don't the barrel have to be so many inches long on a shot gun?
They blowed the choke out of it. You can cut it down, ATF laws are a bitch, Anything under 18.5 inchs is a SBR and you need to pay 200 bucks for a tax stamp, But anything over 18.5 is ok on a shotgun. Now when you cut it down you make the shot spread a lot more and faster, It makes for a good close range weapon but you will not be getting birds again.
Duff Horton
Duff Horton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:05 pm

Yeah, I figured it would only be good as a house watch dog after cutting the barrel down. But it's been sitting in the closet for 15 years now and it's not doing me any good the way it is. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Duff Horton Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:47 am

C0NNIE wrote:Yeah, I figured it would only be good as a house watch dog after cutting the barrel down. But it's been sitting in the closet for 15 years now and it's not doing me any good the way it is. Sad
Want to sale it? I am always looking for part guns. Let know if you do.
Duff Horton
Duff Horton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Rugar Smith Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:20 am

I'm debating if I wanna get a shorter butstock for my C91.
Daniel Rugar Smith
Daniel Rugar Smith

Back to top Go down

Trigger Job Hi-Point 995 Empty No,

Post by Guest Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:05 pm

It's been in the family for generations so I'll just keep it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Duff Horton Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:45 pm

Daniel Rugar Smith wrote:I'm debating if I wanna get a shorter butstock for my C91.

If you do go short you can get all kinds of aftermarket stocks for the C91.
Duff Horton
Duff Horton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Rugar Smith Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:18 pm

Thats good to know, thanks Duff.
Daniel Rugar Smith
Daniel Rugar Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Duff Horton Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:33 am

You can do so much to those weapons, and they are great weapons. But I would look into a accu- strut. Keeps the barrel from shaking on you. More shots on target.
Duff Horton
Duff Horton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum